Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Kumpulan Wang Simpanan Pekerja (KWSP)

kwsp logo

KUMPULAN WANG SIMPANAN PEKERJA (KWSP) or EMPLOYEES PROVIDENT FUND (EPF) in English,

you are wasting

my precious time !!!

On 17th March 2009, i apply one day leave do a education withdrawal at the KWSP branch in Jalan Raja Laut.  I had to take one day off as government department is very inefficient.  Sometimes one day is not enough to do a simple transaction.

I reached KWSP in the morning. Waiting for about 10 seconds in the queue to get a number but was told by the friendly staff that i can go straight to the semak (checking) counter after telling them i want to do a education withdrawal.

I proceed to the semak counter, show him all the forms and necessary documents.  He check through the forms and documents thoroughly and tell me everything is okay.  Please proceed back to the numbering counter to get a number.

After getting the number, within few minutes, i was with this friendly officer.  She check through everything again and give me precious advise.  She then ask me whether i prefer to self collect the cheque or prefer post.  I told her i prefer self collect and she wrote the number that i should call after 10 working days for the status.

Do you all know how much time i wasted there ? I wasted less then 30 minutes there. Why are you guys so efficient ? You are wasting my time and money.  I bought 2 newspaper to read and some junk food to eat for passing time while waiting (this is my experience from other government department) but shit….. you only took less then 30 minutes of mine.  What am i going to do next ? Go home to sleep ?

The withdrawal was approved on the 20th March 2009 and cheque was issued on 23th March 2009 and they call me up on the 28th March 2009 to collect cheque.  I took another day off on the 30th March 2009 to collect the cheque (only 10 minutes to get the cheque).

KWSP, i salute you.  You are damm efficient. Good work. Keep it up.

Share this post :